Learn what Query Library resources are available for UW-Madison staff in the area of program/department administration.Who Would Use Program/Department Administration Queries?
UW-Madison employees selecting this group carry out the following functions in their job:
- management and administration of Academic Programs and Departments or Student Services Programs/Units (examples include: Deans' Staff, Department Administrators, Honors Program Directors/Coordinators, Pathways Diversity Coordinators, etc)
To perform their job functions employees selecting this group access data that helps them:
- assign, manage, and audit undergraduate advisor assignments
- monitor and evaluate retention trends
- analyze and compare summary statistics of student performance/achievement
- track transfers into and out of schools/colleges or departments
- identify trends in majors and options both within and between departments
- identify potentially at-risk first-year students based on reported mid-term grades
- conduct longitudinal analyses for program/department assessment and planning purposes (e.g. years to degree)
- manage unit timetable processes
Examples of working titles for this group include:
- Department Administrator
- Executive Director
- Department Chair
- Institutional Researcher
- Department Associate Chair
- Assistant Dean (Administration)
- Honors Program Director/Coordinator
- Program Director/Coordinator (e.g. Academic Advancement Program, TRIO, Undergraduate Research Scholars, Chancellor's Scholars, Medical Scholars)
- On-Campus Transfers INTO and OUT OF an Academic Group.
List of students from a selected school/college that transferred INTO or OUT of that school/college.
- Course Enrollment History.
Historical data for a course or courses in a department. It was designed to answer the question, 'How have enrollments in this course varied from year to year, semester to semester?'
- Years to Degree.
Elapsed calendar years to degree for students awarded degrees in the term(s) and plan(s) selected including the count of fall/spring and summer terms the graduate(s) were enrolled.