Learn what Query Library resources are available for UW-Madison staff in the area of curricular/academic planning.
Who Would Use Curricular/Academic Planning Queries?
UW-Madison employees selecting this group carry out the following functions in their job:
- Developing courses using enrollment trend analysis,
- Evaluating and developing curriculum using assessment of prior and subsequent courses taken by students or majors in a particular course or major.
- Evaluating Student majors - trends, years to degree, additional majors.
- Enhancing instructor preparation by providing insight into student background and relevant courses taken
- Insuring course/department consistency including consistent grade use and distribution
- Conducting or preparing for Department or program reviews
To perform their job functions employees selecting this group access data that helps them:
- Recognizing trends in order to effectively plan course offerings, instructor hiring, relieve/identify bottlenecks to course sequencing
- Assessing special or major program development, especially changes to the major and implications
- Integrating student background into instruction or new course development
Examples of working titles for this group include:
- Members of curriculum committees
- Department administrator
- Department Chairs
- Program or Advisor for a Major
- Student Services Coordinator
Sample Curricular/Academic Planning queries
Number of Declared Majors Historical
Comparison of the number of declared majors in a department or across departments (majors). Comparisons by level, gender and FTE percent are available.
Course Enrollment History
Historical data for a course or courses in a department. It was designed to answer the question, 'How have enrollments in this course varied from year to year, semester to semester?'