Human Resource Administration
Learn what Query Library resources are available for UW-Madison staff in the area of human resource administration.Who Would Use Human Resource Administration Queries?
UW-Madison employees selecting this group carry out the following functions at the department, division or campus level:
- Determine current employees by appointment type, title, salary, continuity, pay basis, etc
- Determine current employees by appointment type whose probation must be monitored
- Determine academic staff who must be reviewed for possible promotion
To perform their job functions employees selecting this group access data that helps them:
- Evaluate salaries
- Advise supervisors, chairs, PIs about salaries at the time of offer or rate adjustment
- Determine years of service
- Prepare HR reports for chairs, deans, directors
- Manage appointments including zero-dollar and visiting
- Maintain appointments in the data system
Examples of working titles for this group include:
- Human resources supervisors, managers and directors
- Department administrators
- Assistants to department chairs, directors, deans
- Budget and planning analysts
- Payroll and benefit coordinators
- IT support staff
- Current Classified, Unclassified, and Student Appointments
Lists of appts by various selection criteria. Lists include person name, appt ID's,person ID's,title, appt eff date,yrs in appt,yrs in service,appt type,UDDS,fund resp code,FTE,sal basis,base rate,annualized rate, and counts.
- Academic Staff Time in Title
Management reports that assists departments and divisions in making equitable salary offers to new staff and changes to existing staff salaries.