Unlocking Creativity and Sharing Innovative Ideas
The UW-Madison Showcase 2007 was held Tuesday, March 27 at the UW-Madison Memorial Union. Unlocking creativity and sharing innovative ideas on ways to make the campus work more effectively were at the center of Showcase 2007. This eighth annual idea-sharing event highlighted how units from across campus have successfully collaborated to improve work processes, learning environments, and campus climate. Over 350 people attended the event.
There were 58 posters at Showcase 2007, including 27 from 10 schools/colleges and 3 centers. There were 31 from 16 administrative units.
Showcase 2007 featured 11 concurrent sessions and keynote presentations by:
2007 Best Practices
Automating and Restructuring Our Work
- Query Library Group Membership Request (pdf). This new authorization process is based on a number of business practices.
- E-Newsletters Get the Word Out (pdf). This is an efficient, environmental-friendly, cost effective way to distribute information.
- Human Resource Queries (pdf). These queries provide professional human resource users with better information about their employees.
- New Online Employee Directory (pdf). This web-based database search gives you up-to-the-minute search results in real time.
- Project Management Advisor (pdf). This tool assists campus project managers in all phases of their project: Conceptualize, Initiate, Plan, Execute and Control, and Close.
- Math Early Alert System (pdf). This project entails early detection of students who are struggling in math classes so the students can take immediate action.
- Engaging Diverse Stakeholders to Develop Viable Goals in the School of Education (pdf). This process was created to better meet the technology integration needs of the School's constituents.
- Using "CC Tool" (pdf). This tool has taken the burden out of adding captions and made it enjoyable.
Campus Wide Change Efforts
- Supporting Transfers from Two-Year Colleges (pdf). In 2006, UW-Madison entered into transfer agreements with some two-year colleges.
- LTE Collaboration Group: Creating Campus-Wide Project (pdf). Various groups were brought together to address the utilization of Limited Term Employees.
LTE Introduction Letter from Chancellor Wiley (pdf)
Collaborating and Partnering - Recruitment and Retention of Staff and Students
- Recruiting and Training Staff (pdf). The L&S Honors Program integrated their mission and goals into training, staff evaluation, and components of new staff recruitment.
Strategic Planning - Technology Enhancement and Management
- "Alumni Profile" for Undergraduate Academic Programs (pdf). The profile is intended to be an annually updated report on the alumni from each program.