The Office of Quality Improvement provides consultation and facilitation services for academic and administrative units throughout the University of Wisconsin-Madison. We help groups identify their aims and then suggest methods for achieving those aims.
We offer customized services in the areas of:
- Strategic planning
- Process improvement
- Project management
- Organizational design and redesign
- Access to student, human resource, payroll and benefits data
Our consultants are familiar with a variety of planning and improvement approaches. We ask questions from an outside perspective to help you identify the key issues. Frequently, we connect people with others who have engaged in similar efforts on campus or in other institutions.
Utilizing OQI consultants as facilitators allows you to focus attention on content and to be a full participant in the decision-making process.
- OQI consultants can assist you with:
- Designing and implementing projects
- Strategic, long-range planning
- Identifying annual goals and action plans
- Improving work processes
- Identifying and prioritizing expected student outcomes
- Creating data collection systems to determine instructional or service needs
- Strengthening administrative support for departments
- Improving the effectiveness/productivity of meetings
- Identifying root causes of persistent problems
- Considering and designing alternative organizational structures
- Establishing management tools and processes for projects
This site is provided as a resource for increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of academic and administrative processes on the Madison campus and beyond. You'll find articles and "how-to" guides to support your efforts in strategic planning, process improvement, project management and more, as well as campus examples of success and best practices.